Business Visitor Visa
Whether you reside in one of the Home Office’s ‘visa national’ countries list, or not, you will be need to meet all of the requirements for a Visit visa.
Around 115 countries are currently on this list, including Russia, China and India. Non-visa nationals (i.e. citizens of those countries not included on the list) are not required to apply for a visa prior to travelling to the UK, however will still be assessed on entry to the UK.
Our team of experts can advise you on all you need to know to enter the UK for business purposes.
How can I come to the UK for a business trip on a business visitor visa?
If you are a ‘visa national’, you will be required to apply for a Visit Visa before you travel to the UK. Around 115 countries are on the Home Office’s ‘visa national’ list, including Russia, China and India.
‘Non-visa nationals’ (i.e. citizens of those countries not included on the ‘visa national’ list) are not required to apply for a visa prior to travelling to the UK as a visitor. However, non-visa nationals must still meet all of the requirements for a Visit Visa and will be assessed on entry to the UK.
What can I do in the UK?
If you are visiting the UK on business, you are allowed to:
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and interviews;
- Give a one-off or short series of talks and speeches provided these are not organised as commercial events and will not make a profit for the organiser;
- Negotiate and sign deals and contracts;
- Attend trade fairs (for promotional work only without any direct selling);
- Carry out site visits and inspections;
- Gather information for your employment overseas; and
- Be briefed on the requirements of a UK based customer.
What can’t I do in the UK?
If you are in the UK as a business visitor, some of the activities that you are not allowed to do include:
- Taking employment in the UK;
- Working for an organisation or business in the UK;
- Establishing or running a business as a self-employed person;
- Providing goods and services; and
- Undertaking a work placement or internship.
For more information about us and our personal immigration services, please contact a member of the team who can answer any questions and guide you through the process.