How many payslips do I need to show for a UK family visa?

20 Dec 2023, 28 mins ago

If you are applying for your partner and/or child to join you in the UK, you must show that there are sufficient financial resources to support your family in the UK. One way of demonstrating this can be via your UK employment income.

Detailed documentation will be required to evidence your UK employment income, including a letter from your employer, payslips showing your gross and net pay and your corresponding personal bank statements evidencing receipt of your net salary.

If you have been with the same UK employer for at least 6 months, and the salary you are receiving is at the required threshold, you will have to provide payslips covering the full 6-month period immediately prior to the date of application.

If you have changed UK employers, and/or if your salary has not consistently been at the required threshold, you may instead need to provide documentation covering the full 12-month period prior to the date of application.

Given the complexities that can arise in evidencing the financial requirements for a family visa, it is always recommended that you seek professional advice. Our team of experts are ready and willing to assist.

How Gherson can assist

Gherson’s Immigration Team are highly experienced in advising on UK visa matters. If you have any questions arising from this blog, please do not hesitate to contact us for advice, send us an e-mail, or, alternatively, follow us on X, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn to stay-up-to-date.

The information in this blog is for general information purposes only and does not purport to be comprehensive or to provide legal advice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information and law is current as of the date of publication it should be stressed that, due to the passage of time, this does not necessarily reflect the present legal position. Gherson accepts no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this blog. For formal advice on the current law please do not hesitate to contact Gherson. Legal advice is only provided pursuant to a written agreement, identified as such, and signed by the client and by or on behalf of Gherson.

©Gherson 2023