How can we help you get a Student visa?

26 Sep 2023, 15 mins ago

If you have accepted an offer to study in the UK, you will need to obtain a Student visa for permission to begin your studies. This blog will discuss how we can assist you with an application for a Student visa.

Firstly, you will need to be issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (‘CAS’) by your course provider (please see our blog What is a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies? to learn more). Once you have been issued with a CAS, you will need to apply for your Student visa within 6 months of the date of issue.

We can assess your CAS to confirm your course is at the appropriate level to meet the Home Office eligibility requirements. We will also consider how you can meet the other requirements, including the financial and English language requirements. We will advise you on the appropriate documentation and discuss any potential issues.

Additionally, we will prepare and submit the online application form on your behalf, liaise with you to prepare the supporting documents, and arrange the biometric appointment. We will also prepare a letter of representations to the Home Office demonstrating how each requirement is met.

Following the approval of the application, we offer guidance regarding entering the UK and further information about your new immigration status.

How Gherson can assist

Gherson’s Immigration Team are highly experienced in advising on UK visa matters. If you have any questions arising from this blog, please do not hesitate to contact us for advice, send us an e-mail, or, alternatively, follow us on TwitterFacebookInstagram, or LinkedIn to stay-up-to-date.

The information in this blog is for general information purposes only and does not purport to be comprehensive or to provide legal advice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information and law is current as of the date of publication it should be stressed that, due to the passage of time, this does not necessarily reflect the present legal position. Gherson accepts no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this blog. For formal advice on the current law please do not hesitate to contact Gherson. Legal advice is only provided pursuant to a written agreement, identified as such, and signed by the client and by or on behalf of Gherson.

©Gherson 2023