Can you change jobs or switch employers on a Skilled Worker visa?

21 Aug 2023, 59 mins ago

If you are in the UK on a Skilled Worker visa and looking to change jobs or switch employers, you are likely to need to submit a new visa application.

If you are in the UK on a Skilled Worker visa and changing employer, your new employer will need to assign you a new Certificate of Sponsorship and you will need to apply for a new Skilled Worker visa.

If you are remaining with the same employer and your new role no longer falls within the same eligible occupation code as included on your existing Certificate of Sponsorship, then you must make a fresh application to the Home Office for a new Skilled Worker visa.

Where your role remains within the same occupation code and you remain with the same employer, changes to your role do not require you to submit a fresh application, although your sponsor may be required to notify the Home Office of certain changes through the Sponsor Management System.

How Gherson can assist

Gherson’s Immigration Team are highly experienced in advising on UK visa matters. If you have any questions arising from this blog, please do not hesitate to contact us for advice, send us an e-mail, or, alternatively, follow us on TwitterFacebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn to stay-up-to-date.

The information in this blog is for general information purposes only and does not purport to be comprehensive or to provide legal advice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information and law is current as of the date of publication it should be stressed that, due to the passage of time, this does not necessarily reflect the present legal position. Gherson accepts no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this blog. For formal advice on the current law please do not hesitate to contact Gherson. Legal advice is only provided pursuant to a written agreement, identified as such, and signed by the client and by or on behalf of Gherson.

©Gherson 2023