Can I rely on my non-UK degree for a Skilled Worker visa application?

15 Dec 2023, 50 mins ago

The UK is seen by many as an enticing location for employment and career advancement, and the number of Skilled Worker visa applications is on the rise. When applying for a Skilled Worker visa, you must demonstrate your proficiency in the English language, which begs the question: Can I rely on my non-UK degree?

It is possible to rely on a degree certificate issued outside of the UK, but only if your qualification is deemed equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or higher and the relevant academic course was taught in English.

You will need to apply to ECCTIS for a certificate verifying the above, and this certificate must be submitted with your visa application.

It is also important to note that your qualification should be relevant to the job that you will be undertaking in the UK, otherwise the Home Office may question your suitability for the role.

How Gherson can assist

Gherson’s Immigration Team are highly experienced in advising on UK visa matters. If you have any questions arising from this blog, please do not hesitate to contact us for advice, send us an e-mail, or, alternatively, follow us on TwitterFacebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn to stay-up-to-date.

The information in this blog is for general information purposes only and does not purport to be comprehensive or to provide legal advice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information and law is current as of the date of publication it should be stressed that, due to the passage of time, this does not necessarily reflect the present legal position. Gherson accepts no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this blog. For formal advice on the current law please do not hesitate to contact Gherson. Legal advice is only provided pursuant to a written agreement, identified as such, and signed by the client and by or on behalf of Gherson.

©Gherson 2023