UK Visitor Visas
We pride ourselves in securing successful visas for a range of reasons. Having worked with the Home Office for decades, we know what it takes to ensure a positive outcome. Our team is also well versed in challenging unsuccessful applications to ensure the best outcome possible.
When do I need to apply for a UK Visitor Visas?
If you are a ‘visa national’, you will be required to apply for a Visit Visa before you travel to the UK. Around 115 countries are on the Home Office’s ‘visa national’ list, including Russia, China and India.
‘Non-visa nationals’ (i.e. citizens of those countries not included on the ‘visa national’ list) are not required to apply for a visa prior to travelling to the UK as a visitor. However, non-visa nationals must still meet all of the requirements for a Visit Visa and will be assessed on entry to the UK.
How do I qualify for a UK Visitor Visas?
When you apply for a Visit Visa, you will need to show that:
- You are seeking to come to the UK for a permitted purpose, for example, tourism, visiting family/friends or for a business meeting;
- You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- You do not intend to live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or repeated visits; and
- You have sufficient funds to cover the costs of your UK visit, including return flights.
In assessing your application, the Home Office will also take into account any adverse immigration history and/or criminal record that you may have.
What can I do in the UK?
Visit Visas are suitable for a number of purposes, including:
What can’t I do in the UK?
If you are in the UK on a Visit Visa, some of the activities that you are not allowed to do include:
- Taking employment in the UK;
- Working for an organisation or business in the UK;
- Establishing or running a business as a self-employed person;
- Providing goods and services; and
- Undertaking a work placement or internship.
How long can I stay in the UK?
A short-term Visit Visa will permit you to come to the UK for a trip of no more than six months.
A long-term Visit Visa can cover a period of 2, 5 or 10 years and permits you to come to the UK for multiple trips of no more than six months each.
For more information about us and our personal immigration services, please contact a member of the team who can answer any questions and guide you through the process.