Child Student Visa

The United Kingdom’s education system is world class. Our team of immigration experts works closely with the parents or guardians of children living outside of the United Kingdom wishing to give them the very best education that money can offer.

Child Student Visa

If your child is aged between 4 and 17 years old and has obtained a place at an independent school in the UK, we can help guide you through the application process for a Child Student visa.

What are the requirements for a Child Student visa?

In order to qualify, you will need to show that your child:

  • Has been issued with a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (“CAS”) from a Home Office approved UK independent school;
  • Will be living in the UK at a boarding school or with a qualifying relative;
  • You, as the child’s parent(s), have adequate funds to cover your child’s tuition fees and living costs in the UK;
  • You consent to your child studying in the UK.

How long can my child stay in the UK?

If your child is under the age of 16 at the date of application, they will be granted a visa for the duration of their course (up to six years) plus an additional four months.

If your child is aged 16 or 17 years, they will be granted a visa for the duration of their course (up to three years) plus an additional four months.

Can my child settle in the UK?

By itself, the visa does not lead to UK permanent residence. However, your child may be able to apply for permanent residence once they have lived in the UK for a continuous period of at least 10 years on the basis of multiple UK visas, which could include a Child Student visa(s).

Parent of a Child Student

As well as helping the children of non-British nationals to attend school in the UK under a Child Student visa, our team has vast experience in advising their parents on how to secure a visa to accompany them.

For more information about us and our personal immigration services, please contact a member of the team who can answer any questions and guide you through the process.


Contact us using our contact form by selecting a service from the drop down list below.