Skip to main content


Important information for the end of the Brexit Transition Period and the EU Settlement Scheme, if you or your close family members are an EU / EEA Citizen

Immigration banner image - Airport

Contact Us

For advice on immigration,
nationality or human rights,
please contact us now.

Click here to subscribe to weekly updates for our news and blogs.


UK immigration is a frequently changing area of law. Various different application routes exist for individuals looking to relocate to the UK to live, work, study or join family. Our team works with private clients and corporates alike to find the best strategy for their specific individual circumstances and requirements.

Gherson offers services that cover the full spectrum of UK immigration categories, including (but not limited to) advice on UK visit visas and the Points-Based System (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4 and Tier 5) as well as spouse, fiancé, cohabitating partners applications, Elderly dependant relatives, exceptional applications, EU applications and immigration appeals.


Are you...

Working in the UK?

Joining family in the UK?

Investing in the UK?

Studying in the UK?

An EAA National or a relative of one?

Visiting the UK?


Working in the UK

There are a number of different options available to those looking to work in the UK, depending on their circumstances.

Tier 2 of the Points-Based System offers employers the opportunity to sponsor skilled migrants to work in the UK. Tier 2 visas require the company sponsoring the migrant to have a valid sponsor licence. The rules for sponsor licences are technical and can be difficult to navigate. Gherson can offer bespoke advice for companies looking to hire migrant workers – please contact us for further information.

Other routes available include the Innovator visa, Start-up visa, Representative of an Overseas Business, Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and Tier 1 Exceptional Promise and the Tier 5 visa categories.

Individuals who are Commonwealth citizens and can prove that one of their grandparents was born in the UK can come to work in the UK under the UK Ancestry visa, providing they satisfy a number of requirements.



Joining Family in the UK

The Immigration Rules are somewhat stringent with respect to who can join a family member in the UK. Gherson has extensive experience in advising on such applications, including family life with a partner, parent of a child in the UK and applications for adult dependent relatives.

Gherson can also advise in regards to the EU regulations and how Non EEA nationals that are family members of an EEA national can enter or remain in the UK. Please see below for further information.


Investing in the UK

The Tier 1 Investor visa program allows individuals who make an investment of a minimum of £2 million in Home Office specified investments to move to the UK without needing to work or study.


Studying in the UK

Individuals who have been offered a place at certain universities or schools can apply for a visa to come to the UK to study.

Gherson has extensive experience in assisting applicants with Tier 4 (General) and Tier 4 (Child) visas.


EEA Nationals and Family Members

EEA nationals and their family members are able to come to live in the UK if they are “exercising Treaty Rights”. EEA nationals and their family members who wish to demonstrate their right to reside in the UK can do so with a variety of documents. Please contact us for further details.

In light of the UK’s decision to leave the European Union, EEA nationals and their family members will be required to register under the EU Settlement Scheme. The deadline to register is December 2020 or June 2021 (depending on whether Brexit takes place on the basis of an agreement or on ‘no deal’ terms). Gherson has extensive experience of assisting with applications for settled and pre-settled status for EEA nationals and their family members.


Visiting the UK

Depending on their nationality and/or specific circumstances, individuals wishing to visit the UK may require a visitor visa to visit the UK. Please contact us for further details.


Contact Us

For advice on immigration, nationality, extradition or human rights, please contact us now.

Contact Us