The Tier 1 visa is for business people, investors & exceptionally talented individuals. These are the categories available:
- Tier 1 (General) - for highly skilled workers (this subcategory is closed and being phased out. If you would still like information on this route, please contact us).
- Tier 1 (Investor)- for people of substantial financial means making an investment in the UK.
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) - for those wishing to establish a business in the UK or to take over an existing business. People can visit the UK as "prospective entrepreneurs'' in order to secure agreements which may entitle them to remain as Tier 1 Entrepreneur migrants.
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) - a new category comprised of those wishing to develop a business idea immediately upon graduating, and who have been identified by UK universities as having developed world-class innovative or entrepreneurial skills, but who are not at the time of their graduation (and, presumably at the time of the expiry of their leave to remain as a Tier 4 (General Student) in a position to meet the full requirements of the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route.
Additionally graduates from outside the European Area who have studied in UK educational institutions and who have been identified by their college as having ''world class innovative ideas'' are entitled to switch from Tier 4 into Tier 1.
- Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) - for "exceptionally talented individuals in the fields of science, humanities, engineering and the arts".
- Tier 1 (Post-study work) - this was a route for graduates from UK educational institutions whereby they are enabled to work in the UK for a period of two years. From 6 April 2012 this category was closed to all application.
Please contact us for more information.