Sopra Steria, the official partner of UK Visas & Immigration, have today released an update relating to attending biometric appointments at their application centres across the UK and the precautionary measures they are taking in the current circumstances. The advice is as follows;
- Attend your appointment alone, do not take anyone else with you;
- You are permitted to attend your appointment with one other person if you have medical or mobility issues and require assistance;
- Adults may attend appointments with minors;
- If you are showing any symptoms, you must not attend your appointment.
If you are unable to attend your appointment as you currently have symptoms, the advice is as follows;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘COVID-19’ and your Unique Application Number (UAN) in the subject line to say you cannot attend;
- Your appointment will then be cancelled;
- Sopra Steria will inform the Home Office you are unable to attend you appointment;
- If a fee has been paid for the appointment, this will be refunded.
Sopra Steria confirm that health and safety of all applicants is their first priority and as such, should the above situation change, they will provide a further update.
If you are considering submitting an application to the Home Office at the current time, or are in the process of booking an appointment and have concerns considering the current situation with COVID-19, please contact us. Gherson has extensive experience advising and assisting applicants with a variety of UK immigration matters. If you have any queries or concerns regarding a current application or a potential future application, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The information in this blog is for general information purposes only and does not purport to be comprehensive or to provide legal advice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information and law is current as of the date of publication it should be stressed that, due to the passage of time, this does not necessarily reflect the present legal position. Gherson accepts no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this blog. For formal advice on the current law please don’t hesitate to contact Gherson. Legal advice is only provided pursuant to a written agreement, identified as such, and signed by the client and by or on behalf of Gherson.
Immigration Consultant in our corporate team