Information about us
www.gherson.com is a website operated by Gherson ("We"). Our VAT number is 512 571 961.
Gherson and our solicitors are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority of England and Wales (SRA number 514799). See www.sra.org.uk.
Applications and terms of website use
Accessing our Website
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service We provide on our Website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, We may restrict access to some parts of our Website, or our entire Website, to all users.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Material on our Website
The material on our Website is for general information only and you must take appropriate professional advice before taking or refraining from action based on any material on our Website. Gherson accepts no liability whatsoever for any reliance upon the contents of this Website. Whilst you may access other websites from our Website, and our Website may refer to other websites, Gherson accepts no liability in connection with any other website.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts of any page(s) from our Website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Authors of any material on our Website assert their moral rights. This licence does not cover content owned by anyone other than Gherson nor does it allow copying of the structure, look and feel or program code relating to our Website. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Reliance on information posted
The material on our Website is not intended to be and does not amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Our Website changes regularly
We aim to update our Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, We may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Website may be out of date at any given time and We are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, We and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The above exclusions do not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, to inform you of relevant news (such as firm-related announcements and forthcoming events) and legal developments, and to invite you to events and training sessions.
We will only disclose personal information to successors in title to our business and suppliers We engage to process data on our behalf. If you attend an event organised or hosted by us, We may disclose your details to other entities that participate in the organisation of that event.
Any data about individuals entered onto our Website directly or included in any message will be subject to the 2018 Act and GDPR. You are therefore responsible for its accuracy and relevance and you must have the authority to disclose the information to us to utilise it for the purposes of any arrangements concluded for or by you through the Website. We divulge data in accordance with the 2018 Act and GDPR and are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. Please note that the 2018 Act and GDPR serves to protect individuals and there are strict standards of accuracy and care as to how such data may be used. Any data about individuals which you send to us via our Website or include in any message will be subject to these provisions and you are therefore directly responsible for ensuring that such data is accurate, relevant, and that you have the necessary authority to disclose it to us, and to authorise this firm to use such data for any arrangements conducted through this Website. Please note that any such use of data may involve the transfer of such data outside the European Economic Area.
You have a right to access personal information We hold about you. If you have any requests or queries concerning your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not be your instructed solicitors and there shall not be a solicitor-client relationship merely through your visit to our Website or by you giving us information via our Website. We will only be formally instructed as your solicitors once We have corresponded on a specific matter and We have sent you, and you have accepted our terms of engagement.
Gherson is a sole practitioner law practice registered in England and Wales and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, ID: 514799. As such, Gherson is subject to the SRA Code of Conduct for Firms and SRA Code of Conduct for Solicitors 2019. This sets out the rules of professional conduct which apply to the firm of Gherson. For more information about how the Solicitors Regulation Authority regulates solicitors, please see www.sra.org.uk.
Sole practitioner Roger Gherson qualified as a solicitor in 1981 (ID: 124208).
Gherson maintains compulsory professional indemnity insurance with Travelers Insurance Company Limited. They can be contacted through their website www.travelers.co.uk or by telephone on 01737 787787. This insurance covers all of the practice carried out from Gherson's offices and will extend to acts or omissions wherever in the world they occur.
At Gherson we are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it so that we can resolve the problem and continually improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact our Compliance Manager, Diana du Bruyn (email@example.com) or Roger Gherson our Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org). They can be contacted by email, or at the address below :
65 Curzon Street
What will happen next ?
- Within three working days of receiving your complaint we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint. We will provide details of who will be dealing with your complaint, and when you can expect to have a response. It may be necessary at this stage to ask you for more information, or to invite you to meet with us to discuss your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and will investigate your complaint by reviewing the relevant file and the issues you raise. The member of staff who acted for you may be required to provide further details.
- We will then provide you with a detailed written response to your complaint, this may include our suggestions for resolving the matter. We will aim to do this within five days of acknowledging your letter or of having received any further information we may have requested from you if necessary. If your complaint is very detailed, or your matter has been very complex, it may take us longer to complete a review and to respond to you, but we will keep you advised if this is the case. Once again, it may be necessary to ask you to come in and meet with us in order to discuss your complaint before we are able to respond fully.
- Within three days of any meeting we have with you we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions we have agreed with you.
- At this stage if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 14 days.
- If necessary, we will then write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are not satisfied with the our handling of your complaint, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman(contact details below) to consider the complaint. Normally you will need to bring your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
Legal Ombudsman ( email@example.com ) 0300 555 0333
P.O Box 6806
With regards to our bills, please note that you may also have a right to object to the bill by making a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman and/or by applying to the court for an assessment of our bill under part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.
- If we have to change any of the above procedures or time frames we will let you know and explain why.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not upload illegal or defamatory content and you must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
You may not link our Website to any other website. We do not make any warranties, representations or undertakings about the content of any other website which may be referred to or accessed by hypertext link from our Website and We do not endorse or approve any content of such third party websites. Any websites wishing to establish a link with our Website must contact us and may only effect such link once they are in receipt of written authority from us.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our Website.