Skip to main content


Please note we are not instructed by the Kier Group, or Kier LTD. If you have been asked to contact us in order to secure work with this organisation, please exercise extreme caution.

Immigration banner image - Airport

Contact Us

For advice on immigration,
nationality or human rights,
please contact us now.

Click here to subscribe to weekly updates for our news and blogs.

T5 - Temporary Workers

The Temporary Worker routes of the points-based system are for people travelling to the UK to work temporarily under a  Temporary Worker visa  or the Youth Mobility Scheme.

This subcategory covers temporary workers from specialist professions to come to the UK to work for periods of both up to 12 months and up to 24 months.

  • T5 (Temporary Worker - Charity Worker) visa This category is for overseas nationals wanting to undertake unpaid voluntary work for a registered charity in the UK.
  • T5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and sporting) visa This category is for temporary workers within the creative and sporting fields. Sportspersons need to make a significant contribution to their field of sport at the highest level to be eligible. Creative workers must make a unique contribution to the UK labour market – this includes models, musician, actors and actresses in film, television and theatre.
  • T5 (Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange) visa This category can be used for those seeking entry to the UK for a short period of time to undertake a period of paid work experience such as an internship. There are various approved schemes in operation to facilitate this.
  • T5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) visa This category is for those contracted to do work covered by international law while in the UK, for example working for a foreign government or as a private servant in a diplomatic household.
  • T5 (Temporary Worker - Religious Worker) visa You may qualify for this category if you want to do religious work, such as preaching or working in a religious order in the UK.
  • T5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa This category is the replacement for the Worker Holidaymaker route. Enabling people from Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea and Taiwan, as well as British Overseas Territories Citizens or British Nationals (overseas) who are aged 18-30 to experience life in the UK for a period of up to two years. The scheme will shortly be extended to nationals of Iceland and India.


Our Experts

Sasha Lal Sasha Lal

Consultant & trainee solicitor, specialising in all aspects of corporate immigration

Toska Fernandez Toska Fernandez

Paralegal in our General and Corporate Immigration Teams, specialising in sponsor licence applications, Tier 2 ICT, Tier 2 General visas and Tier 5 visas


Additional information:

Contact Us

For advice on immigration, nationality, extradition or human rights, please contact us now.

Contact Us