At Gherson we seek to attract and develop excellent lawyers, who are attracted by the opportunity to flourish in an intimate yet demanding business.
We are always interested to hear from highly motivated lawyers and paralegals looking for a new position. People who value teamwork, but have the independence of mind that makes them want to take responsibility for their work at an early stage in their career. We look for exceptional individuals and therefore we recognise that our lawyers must be highly rewarded and feel that they benefit from the overall success of the firm.
If you cannot see a vacancy below that fits your job description, but would like Gherson to consider you for future roles as they become available, please send us your CV.
Senior Support Engineer
The principle tasks of the SSE will be to take on the day to day support from 1st line up to 3rd line for 45 or so users most of which have two MAC computers on their desks, a few have two MACs and a PC. Mentor the more junior member of the IT Team and work alongside the IT Manager to assist with the running of the department, out of hours/weekend work and assist with project work.
The overall split is about 90 % Mac and 10 % PC. The core duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Setup and IT Induction of new starters :
- Creation of user accounts in - Open Directory, Liase with 3rd Party re Email and Case/Practice/Account Management account creation/setup, Papercut, Webhelpdesk etc.)
- Setup of desktop hardware and peripherals (Mac Mini’s, Monitor, KVM Swicther, Keyboard and Mouse)
- Moving users between work stations and departments
- Assisting users and troubleshoot day to day user problems including, computers, printers, phones andwhere applicable copiers and fax machines
- Be able to cover other roles in the IT department, in particular work alongside the IT Manager and be confident be able to provide cover when on annual leave. Also be able to assist with more with basic web development tasks such as using the CMS system on both Gherson and Discreet Law website
Qualifications & experience:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with configuring and supporting macOS, Server.app and its various services (Open Directory Master/Replica (inc Users and Groups), File Sharing (inc ACL and Posix Permission’s management), DHCP, DNS Some Linux knowledge would be beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with configuring and supporting macOS Deployment Workflows/Tools (Jenkins CI, Munki, Bootstrappr, Reposado, Profile Manager, Cisco Meraki System Manager)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the Command Line and Scripting (Bash and Python)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with configuring and suppoting firewalls, switches, wireless access points (Sonicwall, Brocade, Ubiquiti, Cisco Meraki)
- Knowledge and Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V Failover Clustering, SQL Failover Clustering, RDS Enviroment, Active Directory.
- Must have a track record of being able to work alongside all levels of users
- Must have a flexible approach to task and working hours
This job description sets out the main duties and responsibilities but the SSE may be required to undertake other duties from time to time.
The Practice has an excellent reputation for the work it does, and the fee earners all maintain this high standard by working hard and being completely committed to their client’s affairs. This demands the highest level of skill and a strong work ethic, which pervades throughout the firm, including the support departments.Gherson is made up of a team of people determined to do their jobs exceptionally well and are often demandingof their colleagues. The successful candidate in this role will need to match that tenacity and determination andflexible approach to working hours. A proven ability to fit into a team efficiently is essential, as is the ability torespond quickly to the requirements of both Roger Gherson and the other fee earners.