Skip to main content


Please note we are not instructed by the Kier Group, or Kier LTD. If you have been asked to contact us in order to secure work with this organisation, please exercise extreme caution.

Immigration banner image - Airport

Contact Us

For advice on immigration,
nationality or human rights,
please contact us now.

Click here to subscribe to weekly updates for our news and blogs.

Tier 4 - General

Tier 4 visas allow individuals to come to the UK to study. These routes require the individual to have received a Certificate of Acceptance (“CAS”) from the educational establishment at which they will be studying. There are two types of Tier 4 visa – the Tier 4 (General) Student and the Tier 4 (Child) visa.

The Tier 4 (General) Student visa allows individuals to study in the UK and is available to students aged 16 or over. There are restrictions on how many times you can apply under this route and how long you can remain in the UK as a student.

Once their course is complete, Tier 4 (General) Student visa holders may be able to switch into another visa category to allow them to work.

This route is available for children who wish to be educated in the UK and who are studying at an independent fee paying school. Children under the age of 16 will be granted up to six years leave to remain or the duration of the course.



Contact Us

For advice on immigration, nationality, extradition or human rights, please contact us now.

Contact Us