We have a well-established reputation for successfully assisting High Net Worth Individuals with their Tier 1 (Investor) visa applications and are recognised as leaders in this field by The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, where we remain highly ranked as a Top Tier Firm.
Can I qualify for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa?
You may qualify for this visa route if you have at least £2 million (or equivalent in foreign currency) available to you for investment in the UK into specific investments such as UK government bonds, share or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies but not those mainly engaged with property development, management or investment. Though investment into qualifying construction companies is acceptable.
What do you need to know?
- Your funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institution;
- The money must belong to you or your spouse / partner;
- The funds must be freely transferable to the UK;
- You must have a UK investment bank account with an appropriate facility in the UK;
- Your qualifying family members can join you in the UK as your dependants;
- Your visa will be issued for a period of 3 years initially which can be extended for a further 2 year period upon successful application;
- You must invest your funds within 3 months of entry to the UK;
- You are able to work, study or engage in business activity in the UK if you so wish to but are not obliged to. Your dependant family members can also work, study and engage in business without the need of securing additional immigration permission;
- You may be eligible to settle in the UK after a qualifying period. The qualifying period depends on the level of funds invested by you. You can apply to settle permanently in the UK after two years if you invest £10 million, after three years if you invest £5 million, or after five years if you invest £2 million. Any dependent family members that you bring with you must wait five years before they are eligible for settlement.
We work closely with leading UK tax advisors, wealth managers, UK regulated banking institutes and other professional regulated advisors when assisting Investors and their family with their relocation to the UK.
Our dedicated and highly experienced professionals will assist you fully in respect of preparation and submission of your application and will fully advise on the requirement to be satisfied for extension application and further settlement and British nationality applications.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further advice and assistance.