This route within Tier 1 is for "those who are internationally recognised as world leaders or potential world-leading talent in the fields of science and the arts and who wish to work in the UK".
To succeed applicants must be economically active in their chosen field, and this must be certified by a "Designated Competent Body". This will be the Royal Society, Arts Council, British Academy, Royal Academy of Engineering or Tech City, depending on the discipline of the applicant.
The Tech Nation Visa scheme is part of the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa route focusing on digital tech expertise. It is not just reserved for technical talent, as applicants with digital marketing and business development can also apply.
Tech Nation Visas are issued for a period of 5 years and applicants can then apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Do I qualify?
In order to qualify through the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent / Exceptional Promise) route you must:
- Be established as a world leader in the field; or
- Demonstrate the potential to become a world leader in the field; and/or
- Be an internationally recognised skilled professional in this field; and/or
- Have the necessary business and technical skills to grow and scale-up technology companies.
- The Exceptional Promise route is intended for applicants who are able to demonstrate the potential to become a world leader in the field of digital technology.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they meet one of the two key criteria and at least two of the four qualifying criteria listed in the Exceptional Promise route.
Please contact us for assistance with your application - we can assess your eligibility and advise if you qualify for fast-track consideration.