Permitted Paid Performer or Tier 5 (Creative and Sporting) – What’s the difference?

21 Jan 2019, 22 mins ago

Professional artists and entertainers wishing to come to the UK must obtain the relevant permission before they travel, even if they only intend to be in the UK for a short period. 

There are a number of different options available to artists and entertainers depending on the type and length of activity they intend to undertake. The options for those wishing to come to the UK temporarily are as follows: 

Permitted Paid Performer (Visitor Visa)

This route is for professional artists and entertainers (individuals and groups) who are invited to the UK to carry out one, or a short series of, permitted paid engagements relating to their profession, for example a performance or exhibition of their work. This route allows a successful applicant to stay in the UK for up to one month. 

Temporary Workers – Tier 5 (Creative and Sporting) 

The Tier 5 (Creating and Sporting) visa is for paid, temporary, work of up to 12 months. This route is designed for individuals wishing to travel to the UK for short-term contracts or engagements, such as actors or musicians on tour, for example. Temporary workers can be accompanied by their entourage. 

An applicant under this route will need to be sponsored by a UK business (holding a valid sponsor licence) for the duration of their stay. 

Gherson has over 30 years of experience in assisting with all visa categories and immigration matters. Should you require assistance or advice in respect of the above application routes, please do not hesitate to contact us

The information in this blog is for general information purposes only and does not purport to be comprehensive or to provide legal advice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information and law is current as of the date of publication it should be stressed that, due to the passage of time, this does not necessarily reflect the present legal position. Gherson accepts no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this blog. For formal advice on the current law please don’t hesitate to contact Gherson. Legal advice is only provided pursuant to a written agreement, identified as such, and signed by the client and by or on behalf of Gherson.

©Gherson 2019