Skip to main content


Please note we are not instructed by the Kier Group, or Kier LTD. If you have been asked to contact us in order to secure work with this organisation, please exercise extreme caution.

Contact Us

For advice on immigration,
nationality or human rights,
please contact us now.

Click here to subscribe to weekly updates for our news and blogs.

UK Immigration – The Latest From Gherson

Posted by: Gherson Immigration

Gherson is a London law firm specialising in UK immigrationnationalityextraditionwhite-collar crimecivil & commercial litigation, and human rights law.

As the world of UK immigration law is continuously evolving, with new immigration routes, new guidance and new rules being implemented regularly by the Home Office, it is essential to keep up-to-date with the latest immigration news and announcements. We aim to report on the majority of these changes via our blogs. We also often post overviews of the various immigration routes and discuss requirements within the different visa categories.

So what have we been talking about recently?

How can I acquire UK permanent residence via investment?

Posted:15 November 2021. Obtaining an Investor Visa provides flexibility to live and work in the UK and ultimately may lead to settlement in the UK. The length of the required period for indefinite leave to remain will depend on the overall amount invested, ranging between two and five years of qualifying residence. In this blog, we discuss the requirements for the Tier 1 (Investor) route, including the initial requirements, types of permitted investments, and timeline for settlement.

How will divorce or separation affect my visa status?

Posted: 17 November 2021. Residing in the UK on a visa which is based on the holder’s relationship with his or her partner entails the duty of reporting to the Home Office if the relationship breaks down and leads to a separation or divorce. In this blog, we discuss the details of the duty, including the consequences of this for the holder’s immigration status.

Can I obtain exceptional assurance in order to remain in the UK?

Posted: 16 November 2021. Exceptional assurance may be granted by the Home Office to those whose visas in the UK are about to expire but who are unable to leave the country because of COVID-19. In this blog, we discuss the most recent updates of this policy, which have been introduced in light of the fact that there are currently no countries in the UK’s Covid ‘red list’.

How can I travel to the UK with my domestic staff?

Posted: 15 November 2021. People wishing to bring their domestic staff to the UK need to get them to apply for an Overseas Domestic Worker visa. This will allow domestic staff to come to the UK with you for up to 6 months to carry out their duties. In this blog, we will discuss some of the key changes, including those in relation to the Employment and National Minimum Wage requirements.

How Gherson can assist

Gherson has extensive experience in all aspects of UK immigration law. If you have any queries relating to the blogs published, or are interested in talking to us about your specific circumstances, please do not hesitate to contact us for advice, send us an e-mail, or alternatively, follow us on TwitterFacebook, or LinkedIn to stay-up-to-date.


The information in this blog is for general information purposes only and does not purport to be comprehensive or to provide legal advice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information and law is current as of the date of publication it should be stressed that, due to the passage of time, this does not necessarily reflect the present legal position. Gherson accepts no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this blog. For formal advice on the current law please do not hesitate to contact Gherson. Legal advice is only provided pursuant to a written agreement, identified as such, and signed by the client and by or on behalf of Gherson.

©Gherson 2021

Contact Us

For advice on immigration, nationality, extradition or human rights, please contact us now.

Contact Us