Skip to main content

Contact Us

For advice on immigration,
nationality or human rights,
please contact us now.

Click here to subscribe to weekly updates for our news and blogs.

UK Immigration – The Latest From Gherson

Posted by: Gherson Immigration

Gherson is a London law firm specialising in UK immigrationnationalityextraditionwhite-collar crime, and human rights law.

As the world of UK immigration law is continuously evolving, with new immigration routes, new guidance and new rules being implemented regularly by the Home Office, it is essential to keep up-to-date with the latest immigration news and announcements. We aim to report on the majority of these changes via our blogs. We also often post overviews of the various immigration routes and discuss requirements within the different visa categories.

So what have we been talking about recently?

How can I accompany my child to study in the UK?

Posted: 6 September 2021. The Parent of a Child Student visa is available to those accompanying their children aged between 4 – 11 years old in the UK, who are studying at an independent school. The parent needs to keep their main home outside the UK, and the other parent must neither be in the UK, nor have an intention of doing so. In this blog, we discuss further details of this category, including the necessary requirements for any parent and child involved, and the duration of any visa issued.

UK Work Visa- What do I need to know?

UK Immigration – The Latest From GhersonPosted: 7 September 2021. Staying in the UK on a work visa involves working for an approved UK employer in an eligible role. This means that the employer must hold a Sponsor Licence issued by the Home Office, and the particular job role must be eligible for sponsorship which includes meeting a minimum salary threshold. In this blog, we discuss the requirement for this category, including the eligibility criteria for obtaining a work visa, how long does it take to get one, and whether there is a route to settlement in the UK.

Can I settle in the UK if my partner dies?

Posted: 8 September 2021. Having a bereavement is both challenging and heart-breaking, and knowing your rights under immigration law is essential to secure your future residence in the UK. In this blog, we discuss the eligibility criteria for applying for indefinite leave to remain in the event that your partner, who was a British citizen or a person settled in the UK, has passed away..

What are the proposed changes to the online Sponsor Management System?

Posted: 7 September 2021. The Sponsor Management System allows UK employers to manage their Sponsor Licence for the purpose of hiring staff from outside the UK. While British employers have continued experiencing difficulties in using the current system, the Home Office is only intending for the new system to become operational from 2023. In this blog, we discuss the proposed new system and the changes to the current system that have already been introduced this year with a view to streamlining and improving the sponsorship process.

How Gherson can assist

Gherson has extensive experience in all aspects of UK immigration law. If you have any queries relating to the blogs published, or are interested in talking to us about your specific circumstances, please do not hesitate to contact us for advice, send us an e-mail, or alternatively, follow us on TwitterFacebook, or LinkedIn to stay-up-to-date.


The information in this blog is for general information purposes only and does not purport to be comprehensive or to provide legal advice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information and law is current as of the date of publication it should be stressed that, due to the passage of time, this does not necessarily reflect the present legal position. Gherson accepts no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this blog. For formal advice on the current law please don’t hesitate to contact Gherson. Legal advice is only provided pursuant to a written agreement, identified as such, and signed by the client and by or on behalf of Gherson.

©Gherson 2021

Contact Us

For advice on immigration, nationality, extradition or human rights, please contact us now.

Contact Us